Nutrition Assessment and Counseling
Do you have an acute or chronic condition that you need to manage? Are you struggling with healthy eating habits? Are you curious about different eating styles, like mindful eating, Mediterranean diet, plant-based diets and the joy of feeding body-mind-soul?
As a registered dietitian (R.D), I will assess your food intake and lifestyle and create a personalized nutrition plan with you. I will explain how your symptoms/condition can benefit from a well balanced eating/lifestyle plan. And, you will receive lots of information, tips and coaching to support your overall well-being now and in the future. Individuals have sought help and support for:
- Low energy level
- Poor quality of sleep; shift work
- Weight issue; excess belly fat
- High blood pressure; cholesterol issue
- Digestive problems – indigestion; heartburn
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Gluten-free and other food sensitivities
- High blood sugar – prediabetes; type 2 diabetes
- Plant-based vegetarian diets
- Mindful eating
Additional services: Menu Planning, Recipes; Stocking Your Kitchen; Label Reading; Cooking; Food Preparation/Storage Safety; Eating-on-a-Budget, Restaurant Eating; and Eating-on-the-Run.
Results You Can Expect:
- Understanding how foods and eating styles affect your body, mind and emotions
- Awareness of the nutrition-lifestyle connection to your health conditions, now and in the future.
- Taking charge and positively influencing your own health and well-being.
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Greater enjoyment in life
You are special and unique; that’s why strict diets don’t work for you and may cause you to become malnourished.
I specialize in helping people like you reach your goals.
Information is power! I offer:
- One-on-one counseling (covered by most insurance benefit plans)
- Family or group workshops
- In-person sessions
- Phone sessions may be arranged
Stay encouraged. Take action now! It’s your breakthrough time.
Mind-Body-Spirit Connection with Food – 2 Programs for those on a Spiritual Path
Susan wants to be a source of information, guidance and support in your own healing journey. She wants to meet you where you are now and walk with you into your new life. Rather than mask symptoms, Susan wants to help you unearth the issues that led to your current health condition that is no longer acceptable to you. She will help you gain a deeper understanding of your mind-body-spirit connection and show you ways to empower yourself to better health.
1)The Joy of Feeding Body, Mind and Soul is intended for those who are committed to living, creating and enjoying health, harmony and happiness on all levels-physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. After all, we are more than just a body.
You are more than what meets the eye. You are made up of your physical body, thoughts, feelings and spirit. Treating only one part of you and neglecting the other parts won’t give you the balance, vitality and well-being that you deserve.
Together, we will assess your needs and develop a personalized plan to nourish your physical body through lifestyle choices. We will dig and release self-limiting beliefs and replace them with positive beliefs, and explore feelings as a way to glean insightful information for you. We will also discover what increases/decreases your personal energy and awaken your intuition while strengthen your connection with spirit and your true self.
2)Mindful Eating for Vitality and Wellness is aimed at those who have tried every diet, eat mindlessly and feel cut-off from their own inner voice and miss cues that would help food selection as well as when to stop eating.
Healthy eating is pleasurable eating that meets your individual nutritional needs. It uses the practice of mindful eating to support your health and wellbeing. The intention of mindful eating is to stay in the present moment by promoting curiosity, acceptance, non-judgement and compassion. Mindful eating helps you connect the physical, psychological and environmental cues that affect your food decisions. It honors your inner wisdom that guides food choices and supports eating for well-being.
Session and Professional R.D. Fee Schedule
- In-person or by phone sessions
- An investment in your health and happiness
- $75.00 for 1-hr session (initial appointment)
- $75.00 for 1-hr follow-up session
- $50.00 for 30 min follow-up session
- Most insurance Benefit Plans cover services by a Registered Dietitian (R.D).
- Must be 18 years or older.
- To schedule an appointment, please phone 204-889-9089.
- To contact Susan, ph/text 204-804-3324.
- Appointment location – 3141 Portage Ave., Sundragon Studios: Massage Therapy and Alternative Health Services.